MUSIC IS MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager?

3 posters

Go down

Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager? Empty Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager?

Post  AmpGrl88 Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:29 pm

I like Van Halen and think Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest guitar players ever. I happen to like Diamond Dave too....so those 2 elements together is what appealed me to the group. I like a few songs they had out with Sammy but the group without David Lee Roth....just wasn't the same.

I'm not sure what's going on with their so called cancellation of shows. I know Eddie has battled drugs for so long now. I'm hoping that's not what has caused the tour to be on hold.
AmpGrl88
AmpGrl88

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Mrs. Dale Jr.

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager? Empty Re: Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager?

Post  kendra Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Well,I liked both guys,but I gotta say Diamond Dave. cheers

kendra

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Mrs. Jim Sturgess

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager? Empty Re: Van Halen - with Diamond Dave or Sammy Hager?

Post  AmpGrl88 Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Haha - good old rocking diamond dave!! He was definitely the one with the personality of the band. Remember Dave TV? LOL He was in an episode of the Sopranos last yr or so. I think he only had 1 appearance....and no, he didn't get whacked Cool
AmpGrl88
AmpGrl88

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kendra Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:10 pm

LOL. There's no way you can get rid of Diamond Dave. Smile

kendra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ItalianBeauty Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Eddie Van Halen is hands down the best guitarist in the world next to Hendrix! Exclamation I love when he played on Michael Jackson's Beat It. I have Van Halen's greatest hits. My favorite is this one, "Right now. Hey it's your tomorrow. Right now. Come on, it's everything. Right now. Catch that magic moment....." lol The piano in it rocks. I also like Eddie's keyboard playing.

Eddie battled tounge cancer a few years back. I loved him and Valerie Bertinelli. They got married the year I was born. He asked her dad's permission. It's a shame they got divorced. Did you ever see their son Wolfgang? I can't figure out who he looks like. His mom, or his dad.

ItalianBeauty
Admin

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

https://musicfanatics.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kendra Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:17 pm

I recently bought Valerie's memoir.I've only just started it,but i think it will be interesting. Smile

kendra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AmpGrl88 Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:28 pm

Back in the day Cool I watched Valerie on One Day at a Time. She was on Larry King a couple of weeks ago. She is definitely telling it all now, which I'm glad. I think it's helping her. But, back to the subject of her and Eddie, she talked fondly of Eddie and that how he was a great dad. I knew he had cancer a few yrs back and also had a hip replacement...or some type of leg operation. He has done a lot of drugs which may be contributing to his health problems. I hope whatever is going on, he can battle back. As for Wolfie, I can't tell who he looks like. I still can't get over that Valerie is old enough to have a son that's 17, 18, or 19 (not sure how old Wolfie is). Valerie still looks like a kid to me!
AmpGrl88
AmpGrl88

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kendra Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah,she's always been beautiful. Wolfie just turned 17 ! Shocked

kendra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ItalianBeauty Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:44 pm

I used to watch "One Day" all the time as a kid. I always liked her on there. I always though John Phillips' daughter Mackenzie was strange looking. Val and Eddie kind of look alike, lol.

ItalianBeauty
Admin

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

https://musicfanatics.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AmpGrl88 Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Mackenzie Phillips looked like a stick with a light bulb head or somethin - lol.....She did have problems like her character Julie did. Valerie said that they were caught doing drugs on the set and that's what got Mackenzie off the show. Oh, by the way, I loved Schneider Laughing
AmpGrl88
AmpGrl88

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kendra Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 pm

AmpGrl88 wrote:Mackenzie Phillips looked like a stick with a light bulb head or somethin - lol.....She did have problems like her character Julie did. Valerie said that they were caught doing drugs on the set and that's what got Mackenzie off the show. Oh, by the way, I loved Schneider Laughing

Ewww! You liked the pervert! Laughing

* in Chris Crocker voice* Leave Mackenzie alone! Laughing

kendra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AmpGrl88 Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm

LOL - there's only one Schneider Smile

And yes, Mackenzie has done battle and won - I hope. She looks better in recent years.
AmpGrl88
AmpGrl88

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kendra Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

True on both counts. lol

kendra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum